Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Quote

I've heard this quote about a hundred times,
And each time I hear it,
I love it even more than the last time I heard it!:)
For some reason after hearing this quote the other day,
It has been coming back into my mind
Frequently each day since.
This quote was given by such an inspiring woman in the LDS faith,
Marjorie Hinckley:)
She said,

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

Sam and I have been living the most care free summer.
We go to work each day,
Come home and eat dinner each evening with each other,
Go for a walk, run, or bike ride,
Read our scriptures and say our prayers together,
And stick in a movie to end the evening with:)
It's so simple,
There is nothing glamorous about it, 
But I love our life together,
And this beautiful summer break we have been having:)
I think this quote has rung so true in my life lately,
Because we don't need all those fancy things to be happy, 
You just need each other,
Family, the Gospel, a heart of gratitude and service,
And you have reached your destination of happiness:)

{a picture from one of our evening walks}
Happy Thursday!
Husband and I are headed to the mountains tomorrow,
One of our favorite places, EVER!:)

Chelsie C.

1 comment:

Thanks For Stopping By:)