Monday, March 9, 2015

Ba-Nay-Nay Bread

I have been wanting to make banana bread
Ever since I got married,
For some reason the urge didn't appear until after
I tied the knot, haha!:D

I've been letting some bananas lay out on
The counter for some time,
I finally bought the right pan,
Which is also the right plan to make meatloaf WOO!
And asked a bunch of people for their secrects,
I was ready to make some delicious banana bread:)

I used my mom's recipe because you know,
Mom's do it better than anyone;)
Just in case you all had the urge to make banana bread,
And you have nasty bananas laying on your counter,
Here you go:)

Also,
I wish I would have taken a picture,
But it was so delicious that husband and I tore into it before it was cooled down, haha!
Next time though:)

BANANA BREAD
{ mama hawker's recipe }

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
{ mother says that if you just break them up and toss them into your mixer it's better than mashing. Also break up about three bananas here, i used three and a half }
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoons lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
{ i'm not a nutty person so i usually leave them out, but you could also add chocolate chips here too! }

Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs and beat. Add bananas, milk, and lemon juice. Sift dry ingredients and add. Add nuts. Bake in well-greased 8x4x3-inch loaf pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Makes 1 loaf.

Mama Hawker's Tips
. If you want, you can make two loafs out of this recipe. You can make one large loaf or if you have smaller pans, you can make two smaller loafs.
. Check your loaf(s) at 45-50 minutes. Poke the middle to see if the middle is doughy and stuff.
. When loaf is done, immediately dump onto cooling rack
{ or if you are like me and don't own a cooking rack, immediately dump on counter }

Enjoy!:)

- Chelsie C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Stopping By:)